Postpartum belly sagging is a common aesthetic concern among new mothers.
There are surgical and non-surgical treatments to help new mothers regain their confidence and fitness after pregnancy.
Surgical treatments for postpartum belly sagging
Often, after giving birth, a woman’s body presents some changes that can be a serious bother to the new mom. In the chest, resulting from increased weight, volume and breastfeeding, there can be a significant increase in breast volume that decreases with weight regain, resulting in excess loose skin that gives the woman’s chest a saggy appearance of atrophy of the mammary gland.
On the belly, what bothers most is sagging and excess skin, sometimes stretch marks, an “apron belly” appearance that the abdomen has and changes in the shape of the navel. These changes negatively influence a woman’s self-esteem.
A Mommy Makeover is a combination of cosmetic surgery procedures performed to help women recreate the body they had before becoming pregnant.
The most commonly performed surgeries are abdominoplasty (to remove loose skin and restore firmness in the abdominal area) and breast enhancement (which may include breast lift and/or breast augmentation – Mastopexy or Breast Augmentation). Liposuction can also be included to help sculpt the body.
At Living Clinic we perform these surgeries. Schedule a consultation to clarify all your doubts with the plastic surgeon.
Non-surgical treatments for postpartum belly sagging
At Living Clinic, we also offer effective non-surgical (non-invasive or minimally invasive) treatments to help you regain firmness and define the abdominal area that became sagging after pregnancy, including:
- Morpheus 8: Using fractional radiofrequency and microneedling, Morpheus 8 stimulates collagen production and improves skin texture, providing a firmer appearance.
- EMSculpt NEO: This technology combines radiofrequency and high-intensity electromagnetic waves to tone muscles and reduce localized fat, promoting a more sculpted and firm appearance.
- EMTone: EMTone uses a combination of radiofrequency and shock waves to stimulate collagen production, improve skin texture and reduce cellulite.
- Body radiofrequency (Plus): Body radiofrequency is a body remodeling treatment that stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, resulting in firmer, more toned skin.
- Bodytite: Bodytite is an innovative platform that allows facial or body remodeling through RFAL (Radio-Frequency Assisted Lipolysis) technology. It is a minimally invasive treatment carried out in a single session and without leaving a scar. It is commonly called non-surgical liposuction.
Non-Surgical Mommy Makeover Pack (Postpartum Recovery)
The experience that Living Clinic specialists have acquired over time in the area of postpartum aesthetic recovery has led them to verify that there is a set of non-invasive treatments that, when combined, allow us to obtain results that would otherwise be very difficult to achieve.
Living Clinic has put together a pack of non-invasive treatments called the Non-Surgical Mommy Makeover Pack.
This pack includes 3 leading non-invasive technologies: Coolsculpting, EMSculpt NEO and EMTone.
The combination of these treatments will reduce localized fat, reduce body sagging, improve skin texture and reduce cellulite.
Find out more in Postpartum Recovery.
Schedule a consultation to hear our experts’ recommendations for your particular case and clarify all your doubts.
We are at Av. da Boavista, in Porto!