What is Lipofilling?
Lipofilling, or liposculpture, is a technique that allows you to add volume to certain areas of the body and improve body contour by using the patient’s own fat as filling material.
This technique, used for over 20 years, presents excellent aesthetic and restorative results, which are stable and long-lasting. The patient’s own fat is the best filling material and the least harmful to the body.
The use of synthetic materials may cause rejection/foreign body reaction and may have to be removed. There is no risk of this happening with fat grafts.
Lipofilling after Liposuction: how it works
To obtain fat to later be implanted in the body, the donor areas (belly, thighs, sides or others) must be liposuctioned.
In liposuction, carried out under general anesthesia, a thin cannula is used connected to an aspiration device with a container that will separate the “pure fat” from the remaining components not necessary for Lipofilling.
Through minimal incisions, this pure fat obtained will be infiltrated with a microcannula into the areas to be treated.
This intervention is carried out subcutaneously or intramuscularly, to prevent fat from being absorbed by the body and, thus, provide lasting results.
Generally, just one treatment session will be enough to obtain the desired result.
In what body areas can lipofilling be done?
Lipofilling can be performed on various areas of the body. The most frequent are:
Breast lipofilling is an option for women who want to increase their size (augmentation mammoplasty) or improve the shape of their breasts in a more natural way, without the use of implants.
Buttock lipofilling, also known as gluteoplasty, is a popular procedure to improve the contour and increase volume of the buttocks. It is an alternative to implant surgery with artificial materials (such as silicone, hyaluronic acid, etc.), providing more natural results.
Facial lipofilling (face and/or neck) is a popular technique for restoring lost volume and improving the overall appearance of the face. It can be used to fill in furrows, wrinkles, expression lines and to add volume to lips and cheekbones.
It is possible to perform fat grafts in other areas of the body. Make an appointment at Living Clinic to clarify all your doubts.
Post op and recovery period
There will always be residual edema in the implanted area that may take several days to disappear. However, normal life may resume in 4-5 days and physical exercise and sun exposure after 1 month.
Bruises may also appear in the donor area.
There are no specific contraindications, except in cases where general health does not favor surgical intervention or where the body does not have enough fat in the donor areas.
Is overnight stay necessary?
In some cases yes, especially when combined with other procedures.
Care following a Lipofilling
After lipofilling, it is essential to follow appropriate care to ensure a smooth recovery and maximize the results obtained. Here are some important guidelines to follow:
- Rest and Recovery: It is recommended to rest and avoid physical activity during the first month after the procedure. This allows the body to recover properly and minimizes the risk of complications.
- Compression: You should use a compression belt on the donor area for a few days after the procedure. This helps control swelling, shape the area and optimize healing. The Living Clinic doctor will give you all the necessary instructions.
- Food and Hydration: A healthy, balanced diet, rich in essential nutrients, can help with recovery. Make sure you drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and promote healing.
- Avoid Sun Exposure and Massages: Avoid direct sun exposure to the treated area and avoid massages or excessive manipulation of the area during the recovery period.
Who performs the surgery?
The doctor responsible for Lipofilling at Living Clinic is Dr. Francisco Martins Carvalho.
What is the price of a Lipofilling?
The price of Lipofilling varies with each particular intervention, starting at €2,400.
Lipofilling: Before and after
Take a look at a lipofilling case: Liposuction and Liposculpture Before and After.
Schedule an appointment
Don’t wait any longer to achieve the body of your dreams. Get Lipofilling at Living Clinic and discover what this procedure can do for your body and self-esteem. Schedule an appointment today at our Plastic Surgery clinic in Porto!
Schedule an appointment
- Do you want to know more information about a treatment?
- Do you want to know more about Living Clinic?
- Do you want our team’s opinion?
- Do you want to make an appointment?